Nikwax TX.Direct® is the product of choice of professional Outdoor trainers.
To find out more about people who are using Nikwax TX.Direct®, and other Nikwax products, take a look at our testimonials page (coming soon).
Use Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In in a washing machine …
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
1. Place maximum of 3 clean garments in washing machine.
2. After the machine has filled add 10floz/300ml of TX.Direct®.
3. Set cycle to Heavy and Warm, Low water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
3. Use 3floz/100ml per garment.
4. Run 30oC Synthetic cycle and slow spin.
Do not machine-wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged.*
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.
*Faulty taped seams sometimes become detached on old or worn garments. They can be re
-stuck using a proprietary clear glue after waterproofing and drying.
Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In can be applied by hand …
Use gloves (to avoid waterproofing your hands!).
1. Immerse 1 clean garment in 6L of hand-hot water in a bowl or sink.
2. Add 2floz/50ml of TX.Direct®.
3. Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
4. Rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.